In order to complete the re-design of the service components of our data base, I need to get official (policy and operations) definition of:
* what is a request?
* when does the first request become another request?
* what are the subject reasons for turning down service?
* what operations reasons are sufficient to turn down service?
* who is an eligible client?
* who is an ineligible client?
The service data base collects all enquiries and tracks their dispositions. This will enable us to determine both what we
do and what we don’t do along with how many and why questions.
My suggestion is that a one-hour meeting with one person from the enquiry passing chain (reception, subject specialist, admin, and db mgr) be arranged as soon as possible to nail down the above.